023502 Finding God in the mysteries of every day
Your comments or questions are welcome
Contact me at larrymlawrence.com or,
e-mail- email@example.com (*New e-mail), or
on facebook search Larry Lawrence Mysteries, Twitter LarryLa2776706
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (NIV)
As we approach Easter in just a few weeks it is important to remember the “downstream” effects of all that took place during that awful week. AS much as we cherish and revere all of the evocative imagery of Easter it is significant to remember what Jesus accomplished then.In the Scripture for today we see the synthesized Gospel given from the aspect of an apostle who had lived nearly seven decades beyond the events of Easter week. There are 5 principal truths that we must embrace and live by.
- Confession of sin. That is the primary hurdle that ust be over come. It is the only thing, along with repentance that we must do.
- He is faithful. He will not waver. He will demonstrate the same determination to save and keep you as he demonstrated in obedience to the Father’s will in accepting the cross.
- He is just. Justice, true justice is always tempered with mercy. The crux of the whole is that he accepted the just punishment for our sins in order to show us mercy.
- He will forgive. Consider the enormity of your need before the holiness of God. That is what is amazing about grace.
- He will purify. Very simply the closer you get to Jesus the farther you are away from the pollution of sin in your soul. His Spirit is the great cleansing agent here.
Available soon at amazon.com